Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A junk post!

Today Lily's best friend A got back into town for a week so I decided that instead of arguing with her about getting work done we'd take the week off from school.

This put me in a very, very, good mood.

I decided to celebrate by doing a little junking. Lately I've been going on the weekends, but it's always too crowded to properly relax and browse. Today the shop was perfect and I took my time working my way up and down the aisles.

 When I saw this beautiful little table for 14.99 I knew it could be awesome.


I also grabbed the pyrex casserole dish for 4.99 because they come in so handy.

Did I mention that I also had a 25% off coupon?

The weather was 76 degrees and dry. You know what that means, right?

Perfect spray paint weather!

Look at how beautifully this table came out!


I used a high gloss paint to give it a rich coat. Once it's completely dried I'll find a spot for it. Since I already had the paint out I thought I'd give my dress form a makeover.

At the old house it's previous apple green color was perfect, but here a glossy coat of black will make it really pop in the living room.


Know what's great about spray paint? It dries super fast!





Not too shabby, eh?

Meanwhile my dress form is making herself comfy in the living room. She needs a hat though and maybe some jewels. Will be sure to find her something fabulous!




2 comments:

Edwige said...

Love both! Great job!

Très chic, mon amie!

Amy K. said...

Wow, you inspire me! Didn't know black spray paint could look that fantastic... Happy junkin...