Thursday, September 20, 2012

It's been a long time since I had a junkie housie post...

Now that fall has arrived in the South I have been very busy putting out my decorative gourds and making the house all seasonal. There is nothing like the relief of fall. The air is cool and dry, all the other children are back in school so that my children and I can enjoy crowd-free museums, and the bugs start to die off. Sweet, sweet fall.

I am enjoying decorating this house. It is so very different from my old house, and yet I find that many of my old pieces still work really well.















I also made my way to the junk store yesterday and found some little lovelies who needed new homes.


This bread box has all of my favorite things. Vintage font, great color, and it was 3.99.






It is possible that I audibly yelped when I spotted this beauty for 1.99. Jadite sugar bowl? Be still my heart!

I try to avoid baskets because they tend to breed in my basement and suddenly I am overrun with them. I made an exception for this groovy shaped picnic basket though.





What are you doing to get ready for fall?

No comments: