Monday, June 14, 2010

I junk therefore I am...

I needed to junk today. It was an honest to god need I tell you, because the people who live here my family were driving me insane. Maybe it was me. Whatever. I had a disease for which junk was the cure.

Today I was very attracted to things of yellow.


Sometimes junking is like that.


I love this cardinal. He's perched in the yellow goblet. I think that the lion once held a ring, but now the ring is broken and he looks like he's got really blunt fangs.

That pillow in the background was a total score. It has those pom pom doohickeys which I am insane for.


Two thing you need to know. I love these bowls and will forbid Lily from taking them into the sandpit and mixing potions in them. There, I said it. The other thing you need to know is that the bowls are sitting on a rattan place mat which has blue and white polka dottie edging. Polka dots make me very very happy.


This yellow woven piece was made in Italy. It's fancy, because Italy is a very sophisticated place.

I know that some of you are concerned about Pugsley and his blistery belly. He is so much better. He got another bath today and then I combed out his scabs. You're welcome.


7 comments:

Cheryl said...

I almost spewed water (yes water) all over my laptop when I read pom pom doohickeys. They're called "the thing the thing with the thingies." You never did pay attention to Memere. ("The thing" was always doubled.)

I covet thy bowls. Please add them to my ever-growing list. Thank you.

I bow to your awesomeness in being such a good pug mom.

Teri said...

You are hilarious!!! (reminds me of my house in former days!) Now, I just deal with my own craziness! Love, love the bowls with the flowers...race you for them..oh wait, you already won! :-( Keep on junkin'! (I know I will!)

Pom Pom said...

Aw, I love the Pugsley. He's so sweet!
You DID score! The yellow is divine. It reminds me of the place you told me about - Dear Daisy Cottage. Her blog really is a sunny pick-me-up.
I love reading about your junking. It's so inspiring. Why do you like those pom pom things so much? Whatever happened to them? I bet they still sell them in the decorator fabric section.
I've been noticing bird things in magazines . . . wallpaper, figurines, stuff like that. You're always on the cutting edge, Sara!
I'm glad you got away and had some fun and you reminded me that SO many pieces of my wedding flatware are buried in sand pits around the country. Sad.
Oh! Fairy houses? What's up with that. I missed it.

Gloriana Beausoleil said...

So, now I'm pretending to hear the lion talking with a lisp.

Those pom-pom thingies are called "dingle balls" around here. Sometimes we put 'em in lowrider cars.

Glad to hear Pugs is doing a bit better!

Glori B.

Lisa said...

poor boy! Glad he feels better! I love yellow and red have it in my kitchen!
Hugs, Lisa

Christine at Origami Mommy said...

You are hilarious!
I love the pug face. Sweet.

Connie Lenden said...

Hi I am one of your followers. My name is Connie and I just started up a new blog. I have not received many hits, and have been looking at places I might have visited. I saw my picture as a Follower and clicked on it and sure enough it is there with the wrong blog. It says Peanut Butter and Dill Pickles, when it really is Memories of the Lake. This is probably why I am not hearing from anyone. This is my site and on it you can see my picture. If you removed it, you could take a new one, or I can put my name up there again.
I hope you understand what I am doing, and I am sorry for confusing you. Thanks !

http://memoriesofthelake.blogspot.com/