Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The difference the sun makes...



Here in Boston the weather has been gray and dreary for weeks. Though I am a lover of cold and winter, I have to confess that by the end of February even I start to get grouchy about it. It didn't help that we all spent most of February in hibernation because of illness, but really, the pace of of family had ground to a halt.

Today I woke up to something that felt like a miracle to us all- the sun was out and it was warm. By warm I mean 44 degrees, but around here that counts as warm!

I have been so productive! It's like I got a new set of batteries- the laundry is done, the homeschooling is done and I remembered the pick up the dry cleaning! What won't I do next?

Rebecca has been feeling very productive too. She received this wonderful book for Christmas and it has been the jumping off point for many projects.

http://img.infibeam.com/img/6fe0d6f0/633/1/9780756651633.jpg

She has been making these sweet cows for her friends recently.







It's been keeping her very busy. I like busy children. Busy children let me read murder mysteries. They used to let me read murder mysteries and eat bonbons, but I don't eat the bonbons so much anymore. Want to know why? Because I have lost 24 1/2 lbs! I have no idea how I have managed this. A bit more exercise and bit less chocolate. Who knew?

I hope you are getting a bit of sun wherever you are. It seems like with just a bit of sun, anything is possible.

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

The sun does it for me every time. Glad all are finally healthy and there's movement in the family. Nice work keeping to your regimen of healthier eating and more exercise. You ROCK!

Cheryl said...

The sun does it for me every time. Glad all are finally healthy and there's movement in the family. Nice work keeping to your regimen of healthier eating and more exercise. You ROCK!

Lisa said...

Glad it is sunny! You guys need it! Congrats on 24 1/2 pounds I am inspired! I wish my head cold would go away. Hard to exercise when you cannot breath!
Hugs, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love those cows! xo to you all. Mari

Anonymous said...

zoe and maya agree the cows are adorable! and congrats on 24.5. That's a big deal - you deserve a.... what? tasty fruit smoothie? Sad that everything else would just reverse the process..

mgster said...

The same thing has been happening here in CT for the last two days. I opened the door this morning to go to work and...VOILA! I felt HEAT! Blue sky...birds singing...YEAH!

Anonymous said...

So 2 post ago you put out the call for chocolate. Now you want a bit less. Should I cut the order from 30lbs to 20lbs?

Jo said...

Going the other way here in the South. Just starting to get those wonderful chilly mornings that make you wonder where all the slippers might be...changes of season are so energising.

Julie said...

Yeah, what the last person said.