Monday, February 14, 2011

For Amy on Valentine's Day...

I think that I shall never see
A friend as lovely as Amy.
She understands me like no other
Much better than my misfit brother.

Together we junk,
Together we laugh,
We eat chocolate together
Though our thighs may chaff.

She listens to me extol
The virtues of my dog
And faithfully reads
This silly blog.

The glue of our love
is neither fate nor time
but is instead the union
of our love of crime.

Bones, Law and Order
The more grisly the better
As fans together
we will write a letter

To the stars of our shows
Bobby Goren and Booth
Even Cesar Milan gets
A grin full of tooth.

Amy, my dear,
On this Valentine's Day
I would be remiss
If I did not say

That I love you quite dearly,
Through thick
And through thin
No matter what emotional state you are in.

You are my true pal
The best of the best
And because I have you
I can hate all the rest.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

That last line cracked me up! A truth for all times.

I kinda have a woman crush on Amy too. Shhhhhhhh.

amy. said...

Our love is mutual (or, codependent).
Like Bobby questioning a defendant,
We cut through the bullshit and get to the meat,
Though (actually) that (mixed) metaphor does not sound much like a treat.

Thank you, my darling, for saving my day.
You knew what I needed and sent it my way.
Sister-wife, best friend, and lover of Jeebus,
All those punks at the junk store just wish they could be us.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Don't hate us because we're beautiful, Sara!

Oh, you poets.

xofrances

Anxiety Cause said...

What a great poem from a great friend.