Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday junking!

Remember back in the olden days when I still sent my children to school and I had so many beautiful hours in the day to tidy and cook and tend to things? Those were magical days in their own quiet way, in the same way that my days with my children home full time are magical noisy days.

Back then I used to treat myself to a weekly junk trip on Fridays. I would drop the children off at school, hop in my car and be the very first to arrive at Urban Renewals. Fridays mornings are an excellent time to junk. The hipsters are either still sleeping or in class studying the meaning of Lady Gaga in the context of the economic development of the tupperware industry. Just me and my fellow junkers enjoying a quiet morning.

I miss having my weekly junk ritual, but I have found that I am able to slip away for some junking on Friday afternoons.  Today I junked a bit with Amy and found some treasures.

This sweet little vintage suitcase was just the right size to carry home some of my treasures. Inside are an oilcloth totebag and blue painted mirror which needed to come home with me.


These cushions are the perfect size and color for the wicker chairs on my porch.


You know, when I started this post about two hours ago, I was awake and perky, but now I am very tired.

Instead of a proper concluding sentence I will give you dog pictures.


Good night.

8 comments:

mgster said...

hahaha! The pictures of the pugs just made me smile! Priceless!

Chunky Mama said...

Awww, Cute Pugs!! :)

Pom Pom said...

Hello little junker!
THANK YOU for the dog pictures. They make me giggle.
Love your Friday finds! Maybe I'll go junking today. Grade papers for a few hours, go to Value Village, dig in the garden. Now that's all sorted.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Sara!
I had to come back and tell you to go to my daughter-in-laws blog today and watch her Pugsley. He's a fat old pug and he's making my first granddaughter laugh (she was just five months old - now she's four!)
Pugs are funny!
http://knittedsymphony.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

Adored that first paragraph.

April said...

I love your pugs and "junk" finds. I wish I were a better "junk" finder. I never seem to know where to shop to find those wonderful treasures.

Gumbo Lily said...

You find the best junk!
I like your happy, puggy ending.

Jody

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I want those cushions! Must go junking soon!

A good dog is always a good way to end a post.

xofrances