Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Perhaps the weird is not so unexpected...

Yesterday I called Nana is discuss Thanksgiving. Just as I was about to ask what I should bring, I could hear my dad shouting in the background.

I could make out bits. "Balto! Pugsley! vaccines! snow!" were the words which I caught.

My dad has announced that for Thanksgiving he would like Puglsey and Sophie to perform a dramatic reenacting of Balto's heroic run from Ancorage, Alaska to Nome, Alaska to bring a lifesaving vaccine to the people of Nome.

Does this dog look like a Siberian Husky capable of completing the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race?



So as we approach this quintessential American holiday of overeating and joy I will be searching for sled dog props sized to fit pugs.

Please send chocolate and dog harnesses.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this dog picture! Maybe you should try the "paralized" doggie get up with the wagon as a gag for Dad, that would prove to be funny!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family
XXXOOO

Pom Pom said...

This I gotta see . . . Happy Thanksgiving, dear Sara!

Gumbo Lily said...

Video it and Youtube it for us.

jody

Cheryl said...

Perhaps? Your understated eloquence is pretty damn cute.

Love that shiny HS award. Whee! Congrats!

Julie said...

You did get that award! Congrats. If I could get my dogs to do the iditerod, whatever, my year would be made. This sounds too hilarious to miss!