Thursday, November 5, 2009

Artbeat!

It may seem a bit cliche, but it's also true. Many homeschoolers are talented crafters.

So when I overheard several homeschool moms talking about needle felting, I was immediately intrigued. Luckily I knew just the place to go to find supplies.

http://www.artbeatonline.com/images/arlington.jpg

Rebecca and I made our way to the very lovely Artbeat right here in Arlington. Artbeat calls itself The Creativity Store and it's an apt name. They have some of everything, all beautifully displayed, and usually with irresistible examples of different projects.

The proprietress was kind enough to let me take pictures.

There are many, many things to love about this store but one of the best reasons is that every product is of good quality and value.


I was just itching to get these, but I restrained myself so I could run a-muck in the felting area.



Most of my time in the felting section was spent imagining my new life as a felter.

Felt balls are just so wholesome.


I'm going to try to make this little guy eventually.


A felted duckling. So stinking cute!


Felt flower rings!


Maybe I will felt a box to keep my secret stash of chocolate in...

I'll decorate it with these.


And these.


I bought this kit.


I'm sure that my bunnies will look just as professional as these.

We also bought some molding beeswax, but sadly my camera battery died before I could take any pictures.

I think we'll try this project this weekend. If the bunnies come out weird I am totally blaming the dogs!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey that's what dogs are for!!
Hugs, Lisa

Pom Pom said...

Art Beat looks like my kind of store! I wish there was one here!

Julie said...

Or you could just say they are little felt dogs with orange sticks. Voila! problem solved.

mgster said...

Wow! This store looks like something I could totally spend hours (and money...lots of it) in.