Sunday, November 15, 2009

Why we love Charlie...

Remember Charlie?



He's very cute.

Lily thinks that he is the bees knees.

He's one of our home school buddies. He and Rebecca were classmates before they became fifth grade drop outs.

On Friday, David took Rebecca and Lily to the Museum of Science and met up with Charlie and his mom Amy there.

After loads of fun, Lily rode back with Amy and Charlie.

Lily felt that this was the perfect opportunity to woo Charlie.

First she wore a dress. Lily never wears dresses.

Then she told him that she likes the smell of her own....well, you can guess. But it rhymes with parts.

I can only imagine that he was impressed.

Then she said, "Charlie? I need to tell you something about you."

Pause.

"I have a crush on you," she said.

And this, Reader, is why we love Charlie.

He did not make fake throw-up sounds.

Nor did he pretend to convulse on the floor.

He just accepted her love and said, "That's nice."

Thank you Charlie.

Not only are you are the coolest boy we know, you are also the kindest.

8 comments:

David W. Padrusch said...

She's got bawlz and class!

Charlie's Mom said...

Lily is so real, so frank, and so awesome. Plus she's completely adorable. I wish you could have seen the Hoedown Throwdown as performed by Lily and Charlie at my house in the 10 minutes we stopped here. They can do it at their wedding as the first dance.

Thanks for saying nice stuff about my kid. You can't make a mom's day any better than that.

xoxoxo A

mgster said...

AWWW! That is the sweetest thing I heard all day! That little Lily has quite a way with words...LOL! How can Charlie resist???

Ginger said...

I am cracking up at Lily and what she says. But I can't blame her one bit for thinking Charlie is the bee's knees (I think thats how you put it). Charlie is adorable.

Pom Pom said...

You are so fun. I love "fifth grade dropouts" and "rhymes with parts"!!!!
I like Charlie now, too.

Julie said...

Charlie looks like a GAP model. Sounds like a sweet kid but remember to tell Lily that boys are full of farts and they don't smell good!

Anonymous said...

Charlie's Aunt Anne says..........
What a lovely little anecdote! Charlie is a great young man. I love him because he's my nephew but I also really really like him just because of who he is himself.
I'd like to see a young lady try this with Theo. Not so sure it would turn out as well. Unless she didn't have much of an appetite.........
Great blog Sara! We need to meet someday. We have a lot of things in common. Especially significant stuff like loving lip gloss.

Anne Glass - glinda857@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Sweetest.kid. ever. - Ms. T.T.