Sunday, November 22, 2009

Moving right along...

Today was the end of fall here at Shiny Red Houses.

The Christmas magazines have been showing up in my mailbox, making me very impatient for the holiday decorating season to begin.

You should know this about me. I love anticipation. I spend summer waiting for fall. I love fall, but even as I am taking my children trick-or-treating I am looking over the shoulder of November and peaking at December.

Of course by December 26th I am sick to death of Christmas and all it's fussiness, but for now Christmas is all sparkle and allure.

Today David raked the leaves and I put away all of the fall decorations. After Thanksgiving I want to be able to jump right into trees and holly and whatnot.

I also spent some time with the big black garbage bag today also known as BBGB.

The BBGB is what I haul from room to room when the children aren't home and stash toys in- usually stuffed animals- that are never played with. Once they are in the BBGB I put them in the basement for a few days. If no one notices that they are missing, then off to Goodwill they go.

They almost never notice.

In other news, David continues to regularly beat me at Scrabble. How is this possible? I was an English Major! I read all the time! He watches movies! And football!

Just when I think I know everything there is to know about that man he surprises me. A Scrabble genius...what next?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In other news, David continues to regularly beat me at Scrabble. How is this possible? I was an English Major! I read all the time! He watches movies! And football!

It's simple. He is one of the chosen people. But you get to eat chocolate covered anything.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I guess that what they make chocolate for!!!

Ginger said...

I'm sort of like you in the respect that I look forward to a different season, but then get tired of it and want to move on. As I sit here in the cold house, I am wanting a little of summer back already. It's going to be a long winter. lol.
I hope the girls don't notice anything missing from their loot.

mgster said...

Can you cheat??? Perhaps you can play online by yourself and hone your skills? LOL

Good luck...and may the FORCE be with you!

Lisa said...

Sorry about the scrabble. But it should keep you interested in playing to beat him!
How cool you do that with the toys! Funny how they don't notice!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs, Lisa

Pom Pom said...

I can't wait to see your house all red and greened!
You are a smart mama. I should start hauling around a BBGB, but I don't want to get rid of any of MY stuff!
I thought of you on Saturday when I was at the mall - four delicious Godiva chocolates consumed. YUM!