Sunday, January 17, 2010

I know I should blog...

But honest to god I can't think of a single interesting thing to blog about.

Like the rest of the world we've been struck dumb by the horror and devastation of the earthquake in Haiti. It makes every other subject seem pathetic and irrelevant.

Our biggest tragedy today was that David ate all of the children's candy which they had been saving to take to the movies. The children began to build up a good head of outrage when they were reminded that the children of Haiti are hungry and thirsty, scared and hurt.

It's hard not to want to scoop up all of those children without homes and mother them, tend to their wounds and try to erase that scared look in their eyes.

Since bringing them all here isn't an option please donate what you can to one of the many, many relief organizations which are coming to the aid of the victims of this earthquake. If you can't donate money, then send your prayers and thoughts to the people of Haiti.

We are all one disaster away from being a face on the news, holding a bloodied and battered child in our arms, desperate for help.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

I am with you, nothing interesting to blog about. But you did much better putting something together, than I do.
I hope David runs down to the corner convenience store before the girls go to the movies, to replace their candy!! lol

Lisa said...

I so agree. It is hard to watch the news and know there are families here waiting on children. There is no way to know how long it will take as the papers have been lost. I been deciding who I'll send money through. But I really want a big boat to go and get them all!
Hugs, Lisa

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Well said - and please, everyone donate, even a few dollars does help.