Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dignity

As an adult I usually manage to comport myself with dignity and grace.

Other times I find myself at a playground with a group of mothers who I don't know very well and in the process of flipping back my hair manage to split open my lip on a water bottle and proceed to bleed into tissues for the next two and a half hours in the cold while my children romp wildly up and down a rocky hillside.

That's pretty much my day. Big fat bloody lip. Sat in the cold for three hours.

I'm trying not to use my lips too much so that the scab will hold and blood will stop dripping down my chin because although vampires are very trendy, I outgrew that phase in 1989.

You know what is interesting about sitting in the cold for three hours bleeding into tissues?

It makes you tired, very, very, tired.

I'm going to bed and will pray I have something more interesting than a fat lip to tell you about tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My poor baby girl. Feel better.
Love
M

Pom Pom said...

Ouch! I'm cold, too. Tomorrow will be better.

Anonymous said...

Sara dear, maybe you need a stitch i'm afraid. I hope it heals soon! - Miss TT

Anonymous said...

"I'm going to bed and will pray I have something more interesting than a fat lip to tell you about tomorrow."

It looks like to got your wish.