Monday, March 22, 2010

Pushing the boulder...

Today the girls and I spent the day in the attic stuffing crap into bags and hauling it down the stairs. Some bags of crap went out to the curb. Other bags of crap went onto the porch so that I can take them to Goodwill tomorrow.

I made my first trip to the Goodwill truck today where I dropped off six bags of god knows what.

Tomorrow I have another ten bags going. My attic seems to be a unique breeding ground for decorative baskets, curtains and stuffed animals. I got most of the "throw away" crap out of there, but I still need to spend more time up there sorting through things which can be sold and things which I need to keep like extra blankets and pillows.

You know how sometimes you start one of these projects and you realize that it will never end, that you will spend all of the rest of your days in Sisyphean misery?

That is me in my attic. It is also me in my basement.

I thought about taking a picture of the trash in front of my house, but really, the only thing more embarrassing than having the contents of your attic and basement strewn in garbage bags across a fifteen foot stretch of the curb is having the neighbors watching you take pictures of such trash.

Trust me on this: It's bad. It looks like we are being evicted.

My room is like a toy and home decor flop house. There is a pile of doll furniture which will go to consignment and another pile of throw pillows headed for the same.

Meanwhile, the kitchen floor is filthy and I am all out of light bulbs. David ate all of my emergency 100 calorie chocolate. The children keep chattering at me. Thank god for the dogs. They are the duct tape of my mind.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad your puppies are co operating!! It has to feel good to get all that out of your house! I love my throw away moments!! I just let it fly!! Enjoy how great it will be when it is all done!
Hugs, Lisa
ps I will send chocolate!
Hugs, Lisa

Amy. said...

You are hilarious. I love you.
A

Anonymous said...

Isn't a major purge terribly cathartic?? Always perks me up!
Love,
Mom

Lori said...

Good for you. I am trying to follow Fly Lady and it seems to be helping. Until I throw extra projects into it. You know, the ones that "have" to be done... lol I am having my youngest son's 4th b-day party here on Saturday so it needs to be perfect so it can be trashed... Yep, that's my life.

Cheryl said...

Get over yourself and go out there to take pictures of that trash woman! Now that it's been hammered by rain, it'll look fabulous with glistening raindrops all sliding down the sides of the bags. You can sell your photos on Etsy and make a bundle. Better do it quickly before the wind blows it all over the neighborhood. That, dear one, would truly be embarrassing. Eek!

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat hacking[/URL], You are far from alone if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or misunderstood avenues to produce an income online.

Julie said...

Who threatened to turn you in to "Hoarders?"