When Rebecca's room was still a purpley blue color I splurged on some fancy Pottery Barn Kids room darkening roman shades.
They were so sweet with a lavender toile pattern.
Once I painted her room pink the shades were All Wrong. They had to go.
I bought some inexpensive white ones to hang up instead and they have worked out great.
At first I thought I would sell the Pottery Barn shades on Craigslist because they had been pretty expensive, but then I had an idea.
I went to Joanne Fabric in search of an inexpensive fabric that I could cover them with to use in my room which has needed shades for the last seven years.
Here's the fabric I chose. It was 6.99 a yard. The entire project used about seven yards of fabric.
First I laid the fabric out on the table and heated up the glue gun.
Then I laid the shade on the fabric and trimmed the excess fabric from the side and bottom.
Then the fun began!
I started gluing the edges of the fabric to the back of the shade.
Usually when I get one of these cockamamie ideas I think to myself, "Piece o' cake!".
Then I start doing the project and get my ass handed back to me on a platter.
Sometime I'll tell you about the time I had the bright idea to put in a brick patio. But I digress...
Luckily, this project was just as easy as I imagined it!
I only had one problem.
I had two of the expensive room darkening shades, but I have three windows. I solved that problem by going back to the discount store and buying a plain burgundy shade for 9.99 and used the same technique.
I am a girl genius- with burnt fingers from the glue gun...