Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday junking and the contest winner!

Being a stay at home mom is a lot of work. It's my job in our family to keep the house running. That means getting up with the kids, getting them off to school, walking the dogs, planning meals, paying bills, making the pediatrician appointments, doing the laundry, buying groceries, tidying the house, picking the kids up from school, taking them to classes, clubs, lessons and playdates, cooking dinner and just pretty much making sure that whatever is supposed to happen happens.

I don't load the dishwasher.

David won't let me. He hates the way I load it.

On Fridays I like to reward myself for all of my hard work during the week by going to the junk store. Today was a particularly rewarding outing. Check out my spoils!



The bean pot on the left? It's McCoy. One with a lid is selling for $40. I paid just 2.99. I also found a sea foam green fiestaware bowl for .99.

That my friends is my idea of good junking.

This evening I ended my contest for the American Girl Puppy.

First I wrote out all the entries on pieces of paper and folded them up.


Look! The McCoy Pottery is already being put to use!


Rebecca mixed them up, closed her eyes and picked one out.


The anticipation is killing me! Rebecca reads the name...



And the winner is.....


Annie! I happen to know that Annie is a sweet little girl who is sure to give Sugar a good home. Congratulations!

1 comment:

H-Biddle said...

omg omg omg I can't wait to tell her!!! She is going to be so excited!!!