Saturday, July 4, 2009

A quiet July 4th...

While David and the girls are enjoying an exciting weekend visiting with grandparents and cousins, I have been luxuriating in solitude. Yesterday I spent the morning junking and grocery shopping and the afternoon rearranging the porch.

First, I removed all of the stuff that had accumulated since the last time it got a serious tidying. Then I started playing!

Here's what I ended up with.











I'm not completely happy with how my interior pictures are coming out. I'm still learning the basics of the Canon G10. I think that I'll be learning the basics for a looooong time!

Tomorrow I will be posting a Shiny Red Painting Project so be sure to check back in for a fun and inexpensive painting project!

Happy Independence Day everyone!

6 comments:

The Intellectual Diva said...

Happy Independence Day! What a wonderful day for a little R&R!

David Padrusch said...

Looks beautiful sweetheart. Miss you, love you and can't wait to see you tomorrow.

mgster said...

Oh, I see your new blue pitcher. Everything looks great. You are very lucky to have that porch!

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

I spy cherries and jadite....my 2 favorites!!!!

Sara your porch looks so inviting!
It sounds like you really enjoyed your "ME" time!
Hint to hubby that he and the girls can do that once a month...lol

I have some painting projects planned for this week too!
Let's share!

Hugz, Dolly

Jean said...

Your porch is great, love the touches of red. Isn't it fun "playing" house?
Jean in Virginia

Lisa said...

OH I LOVE IT ALL!! You have a sweet little sewing basket like I love!!! I also collect the salt & peppers with red tops! I have several!! I'm a huge red and white fan so I love all your vignettes!! Super cute!!
Hugs, Lisa