Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm still here!

The funny thing about suddenly deciding to start homeschooling your child is that all of the other plans you had for the week are suddenly changed. In my case this meant that I started homeschooling on a day when I should have been doing laundry and cleaning my house. And then the next day I took Rebecca to a homeschooling get-together and the laundry continued to pile and the house squalor grew. Yesterday involved a trip to the Museum of Science to learn about Antarctica, then we went shopping at Target and Costco, picked Lily up from a playdate and dropped Rebecca off at dance class. Then last night I went out.

Yes, you read that correctly. I went out at night time. It was very dark.

I went to a friends house for a mommy get-together and it was very very lovely. However I have very serious limits to how much I can enjoy being outside of my home, particularly a home in need of some serious attention and by 10pm last night I had had enough fun.

This morning came far too early, but arrived with the soothing balm of dropping Rebecca off for gym class at her former school, and then taking a short trip to the junk store.

You didn't think that I'd stop junking just because I am homeschooling did you?

There are some things I simply cannot resist.



Vintage fans. I almost never find them for cheap. This one was 7.99.



Baby scales.



I find the little teddy bear and elephant so sweet.

The real find was this chippy table which is exactly what I have been looking for to put in Rebecca's room.





Those are real chips people.

When I got home from junking I ate about eight chocolate hazelnut yum-yums to fuel myself in order to dig myself out of the rat hole our house had become.

First I organized Lily's room and vacuumed. It's all about the vacuuming.

Then I rearranged Rebecca's desk a bit to make it more homeschooling friendly.

Then my room, the laundry, the kitchen, the porch, the bathrooms.

Right this second, this very moment my house is clean.

The laundry is done.

The dogs are settled and the children are asleep.

A clean quiet house is the sweetest serenity to me.

Speaking of serenity guess who is happy, seriously happy?

Rebecca. That child is just so happy homeschooling. She is able to go back to school for gym, art and library which she loves. In the meantime she's been reading and writing like crazy. She did some workbook work today as well. I don't know why I waited so long. It's heaven.

This week I hope to get our routine established and to get back to daily blogging. I hate to miss a day. I'm lucky to have such great readers. When I first started blogging I swore that I would respond to every comment anyone left me and for a while I did. But then I missed a day and then another and the comments keep coming and I haven't emailed back. I love your comments. They are so often some of the best parts of my day. They warm my heart and make me laugh. If you've left comments recently and I haven't emailed you please accept my apology and know that if it weren't for you guys reading, I wouldn't be writing. Sleep sweet folks!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh I am so glad you have enjoyed your busy week! Love the fan and the scale. Don't put them in the basement. hehe See I read!
Have a great weekend in your clean house. I am impressed you got all your laundry done in one day. I just do my own and can't do that!
Hugs, Lisa

Cheryl said...

Glad you're back with all the news that's fun to print and read. So happy Miss Rebecca is happy. And you sound positively bouyant! Glad HS is working out so well for you both. And you haven't left junking or blogging behind.

What in the name of all that's normal are you going to do with the baby scale? Please send a pic when you've done something mahvelous with it.

Love,
C

mgster said...

I agree that a clean house just feel like Heaven! So happy that Rebecca just loves all the aspects of home schooling. She has the best of both worlds. And do not worry about not responding to anything I write here. I just enjoy reading what you have written. In fact, I look forward to it! My life is also busy right now. This was our first week of preschool. Nineteen children in one class and twenty in the other. A good 25% of them were crying at some point during the morning. HELP ME! It's just so hard for them to say bye-bye to mommy and daddy and have to stay with two women that are strangers to them. Oh well, they will soon find out how great, funny and sweet we are! :)