School started today.
Let me just say that again because it hasn't really sunken in yet.
School started today!
Here we are getting ready to walk to school.
I had lots of quiet today and I have to tell you that I am not used to going several hours in one day without having a completely insane conversation with Lily, or Rebecca giving me an excruciatingly detailed plot summary of The Warrior Kitty books.
To celebrate the first day of school I went to Global Thrift for a little bit of junking.
My goal was to find things that would bring an autumnal feel to my porch.
I really love this bag! The deeper red with the black stripe is giving me some ideas for fall colors on the porch. The green flowerpot was perfect.
Some people say that you can have too many gauzy red table clothes...
but they're wrong.
Now that the children are back at school I am taking a cold hard look at my house and making a list of things which must be done.
1. Clean out fridge. You don't even want to know. So shameful.
2. Clean and organize attic. Trying not to cry just thinking about it.
3. The Basement of Horror. I think it's been discussed here before.
4. Deal with the weed patch in the back yard and mulch the hell out of it.
5. Yank dead plants from window boxes and refill them with gourds and pumpkins.
6. Put pumpkins in front of house.
7. Finish scrapbook projects.
8. Decorate house facade from junk store.
9. Sand and repaint Rebecca's floor.
10. Touch up chipped/scratched paint on moldings.
11. Come up with some new menu ideas for dinner.
I am a little overwhelmed.
I may have to hit my super secret emergency chocolate stash...
Speaking of super secrets...I am planning a give-away tomorrow!